Wednesday, May 25, 2011

37w3d: Holding Pattern

I'm still pregnant.

Those are the first words I have to utter when I call/email anyone these days. All our family and friends are so anxious and when they hear from us I know they're expecting news. I'm hesitant to call David at work even because I know he's waiting for "the call."

I'm really hoping I'll go into labor naturally. I'd like to avoid Pitocin--I just would prefer to limit the amount of drugs in my body. And unfortunately it's started raining so it looks like I'll have to wait to go for a walk, which is one of the things I was going to try to get things moving here.

Yesterday I got my haircut! I hate getting my haircut--I don't mind the actual process; I just hate the leading up to it. Like almost everyone with curly hair, I've had some awful experiences with stylists who have no idea what they're doing with curls. But I was really happy with the salon/stylist I tried yesterday. I will definitely go back--at some point.

Taken this morning at 37 weeks, 3 days:

I think I look like I've dropped some. Maybe?

We are very lucky to have a lot of friends and family coming out to visit us this summer. And with my dad moving out here for the fall semester, we will have almost constant help until December! David's mom is our first guest; she's flying out on Friday and will be here through June 18. I know she will be a supportive, welcome presence.

Babies, we're all excited to meet you--anytime you want to get going, just let mama know!

No comments:

Post a Comment