Tuesday, May 17, 2011

36w2d: Bump Update


Here I am at 36 weeks!


How far along? 36 Weeks!
Total weight gain/loss? 48 pounds!
Maternity clothes? I only have a couple shirts that still cover the panel on my maternity jeans.
Stretch marks? :( I was doing so well, but I would say that my days of being able to wear a bikini are over. I am comforting myself with the knowledge that these marks mean that I've grown big enough to grow my babies big enough to earn them. Hopefully the babies are going to be nice and big and strong!
Sleep? Gahhh.....I'm getting up to pee twice in the middle of the night and then around 6:30. Every time when I come back to bed and lie back down, I have horrible heart burn and need to take a Tums. The babies usually wake up and kick for about 10 minutes after I get up, so that's fun at least.
Best moment last week?
Having my dad come to the NST with me where he got to hear the babies' heartbeats.
Movement? The little boy is getting really aggressive and kicking my upper right rib cage HARD. I think he's mad that we haven't chosen a name for him yet.
Food cravings? Cookies. Carb-y baked goods. I am dying to make some Tollhouse.
Gender? Girl and a boy!
Labor signs? Same old Braxton-Hicks.
Belly button in/out? It actually has popped out even more. The area right around it is kind of soft and bouncy.
What I miss: Not running into things and having a normal center of gravity.
What I am looking forward to: My last growth ultrasound on Thursday! I am really hoping the babies are still of relatively equal weights and sizes and that they have enough fluid to keep going. My goal has been for both of them to weigh over six pounds.
Milestones:
"Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement."

No comments:

Post a Comment