Monday, May 23, 2011

37w1d: Grateful

Full Term!
Full Term!!
Full Term!!!

I cannot believe it. I should believe it--I've had so many people praying for me and the babies and so many good thoughts coming our way--but it's just so amazing to me that 10 weeks ago I wasn't sure I would make it to April, and now here I am. My twins will get to be Gemini twins after all!

Of course nothing is certain, but it is very likely that they won't need NICU time and will be able to come home with us. At my ultrasound on Thursday, Baby A was weighing 6lbs 1oz and Baby B was weighing 5lbs 15 oz. Both of them are bigger than David when he was born! Of course the margin of error is something like a pound, but even still. I'm very proud of my babies!

We considered this weekend a "freebie" because we fully expected to have babies by this point. On Friday we hung out with some friends; we went to a bar/restaurant because David said that I'm too much of a buzzkill to go to a regular bar (thanks honey). On Saturday we did a lot of outings--BRU, Target, grocery shopping. I really do love grocery shopping, and it is especially fun now that all the summer fruits are beginning to be in season.

Yesterday I went to church and enjoyed being ooh'ed and ahh'ed at. :) In the afternoon we went to the public rose garden and to a fancy hotel for drinks overlooking the Bay. We had never been to the rose garden before--it's kind of a hidden jewel. The roses seemed to be about a week or two past their peek, but it was still beautiful. My ankles got very swollen from the walking around, but it was worth it.



The roses all had fun names....we couldn't believe how many species (varieties?) were trademarked though!

The garden was a fairly extensive complex--I had to sit down quite a few times to rest. David is excited to add a trip into the garden on his runs--he'll be able to get a little more than a mile in additional mileage and there's a bathroom, always an important feature.

Thanks for giving your parents an opportunity to check this place out, babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment