Sunday, May 15, 2011

36 Weeks!!

I MADE IT! Or should I say "WE MADE IT!" to include the babies? Either way, 36 weeks is a huge milestone for twins. The old wisdom was that twins were considered full-term at 36 weeks, but now that's been pushed back to the standard 37 weeks for all babies. But it is really exciting to know that whenever the babies come now, their chances of being able to come home with us are very high, which has been the goal all along.

To celebrate, we are going out for dinner again tonight to another "top 100" restaurant. When I made this reservation two weeks ago, I really was skeptical that we would make it, but it sure looks like we are going to! We also went out to a movie last night. I wanted to see Bridesmaids, and David rolled his eyes that it would be a chick flick, but I know he enjoyed it. It was really funny and pretty crude in a way that most "girl" movies aren't. In fact I can't think of any other "girl" movie that is as raunchy. I'm not a huge Kristen Wiig fan on SNL, but I really liked her in the movie, and Maya Rudolph was great. Melissa McCarthy stole her scenes, and Jon Hamm was just delightfully smarmy.

We went to one of the old palace-style movie theatres, which is so much more fun than going to a standard AMC or Regal. I love the chandeliers and fancy velvet everywhere. The prices are the same, and I'd rather give my $10 to something locally owned than a big corporation. I hadn't been to a movie theatre since The King's Speech, I think, so it made me really happy just to see a movie. I love the movies and I know I won't be going very often in the coming year or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment