Friday, March 25, 2011

28w5d: Dx - GD

I called the peri again to ask about my glucose test results. They still weren't in, and the receptionist said she would call Quest Diagnostics to ask for them. Half an hour later I got a call from a nurse to tell me that I have gestational diabetes--my sugar was high at each of the three readings. So my body is not processing correctly and I need to change up my diet. I talked to the dietician afterward, and she gave me a lot of guidelines over the phone. I'm meeting with her on Thursday after my regular appointment with the peri.

I started crying on the phone with the nurse. I couldn't help it. I know this isn't my fault and I know it's treatable, but I am just so sad. I feel like I can't do anything right for these babies and everything I do is wrong. They didn't ask to be twins, and my body is failing them. I called David and probably sounded completely hysterical. He left work early to come home, and I did feel a lot better seeing him. Still, I just can't help feeling like what's going to happen next? Pre-e? IUGR? HELLP? pPROM? My body has never let me down before, and I just can't get over that it's failing now.

A friend is coming over for dinner tonight....really looking forward to it as I could use some cheering up.

No comments:

Post a Comment