Saturday, March 19, 2011

27w6d: An Anniversary

Today is the twelfth anniversary of my first date with my husband. We started dating senior year of high school, and March Madness always makes me think of those really early days in our relationship. Our first date was to a local second-run movie theatre that was playing Shakespeare in Love and then to Perkins--I had a chocolate muffin and I think he had a sundae. I remember what I wore--jeans and a dark green sweater, and exactly how it felt when he took my hand as we walked across the Perkins parking lot to his car.

Back then, I never would have imagined that exactly twelve years later we'd be living across the country and I'd be *almost* 28 weeks pregnant with our twins and confined to bed.

We have some friends coming over for dinner tonight and to watch basketball and play games. I'm really excited. I put my contacts in, put on some makeup, and straightened my hair--all part of my usual routine, but the first time I've done them this week. I'm going to go downstairs to where the big TV is! These will be the first non-medical personnel I've seen this week. I usually am not very homesick and I talk to our families on the east coast a lot, but right now I really, really wish we lived closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment