Tuesday, March 22, 2011

28w2d: Alarmed

We live in a city. We live in a nice part of the city, but it's still an urban area and the city is rather well-known for crime. It's very stratified, and I love my city, but being aware of crime is still important.
I think every house on our street has a burglar alarm. Including ours. Ours, however, tends to have a bit of a hair trigger "warning" beep that goes off....basically whenever it wants to. It doesn't trigger a call to the company or the police, and frankly I'm not really sure what the point of it is. Sometimes it will go off twice in a day; sometimes it will go off once every other month.
It has gone off four times in the last ten minutes.
The first time, I got up and turned it off. It started going off a second time before I even was back to the bedroom. The third time I was already back in bed. And now the fourth time.....I'm just letting it beep until David gets home and can deal with it. I called him and begged him to come home ASAP and take care of it for me. For now, I turned on the television and put the volume up and am just trying to ignore it. The cat does not seem to like it either.
In other news, still waiting on my glucose test results. I know no news is good news, but I'm not very impressed with this office's responsiveness. I'm also slightly concerned because I feel like there are a lot of medications that I could be on to help prevent PTL, but my doctor hasn't prescribed any of them. I suppose it's good that they don't think I need them, but if anything happens, I will never forgive myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment